You may have heard about changes made by Google in the way that they rank sites. SEO is a constant changing practice that needs to be reviewed and managed in order to get your site on a high ranked position.
So, to help you out, we’ve put together a more precise SEO checklist on focusing on 2018 changes.
SEO Checklist for 2018
1. Structured Data Markup – Structured data is the information that you see next to a website and meta description. For example, if you are searching for a restaurant, you will see not only the restaurant’s name, but also additional information such as hours, pricing and stars to indicate positive reviews. Not only do they make your search result more eye-catching, they also improve click-through-rate (CTR).
2. SSL Secure – Google announced that sites that have a SSL secure were going to be given a slight boost in rankings. A SSL secure is the standard security for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private. Many still have not adopted this method because they believe it only really impacts eCommerce sites. If your website still doesn’t have a SSL you are leaving a slight boost on the table.
3. Page Speed – One big issue is the lowering of ranking with a slow load time. A few ways to help resolve this issue is to:
- Remove unnecessary plugins, tracking codes and widgets.
- Make sure to compress images for the web. Many editing software have options to save for the web feature.
- Make sure all assets are caching. Caching tells browsers to store files for the next visit. A site with managed WordPress hosting automatically takes care of caching.
Google is reading and interpreting searcher needs, content relevance and user friendliness. Site owners need to be constantly looking for ways to enhance their sites to this end goal. A comprehensive SEO audit checklist will give you a detailed overview of how your site is performing.
To Claim Your FREE Consultation and Get The Same Marketing Road-map We Give Our Clients, Fill Out The Form To The Right.